We are looking for a talented and motivated bench scientist with significant hands-on assay development experience supporting small molecular drug discovery to join our passionate and collaborative team to help drive our internal programs. This lab-based role will have high impact and visibility across the Rectify portfolio by developing cell-based and biochemical assays with cell lines or translational, primary cells such as primary hepatocytes. You will provide strategic, operational, and technical input in the cell biology and assay development team. As a core contributor to a rich pipeline of programs and across multiple disease areas, including liver, CNS and ophthalmology teams, your work will directly influence the direction and success of our research portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience with small molecule drug discovery process from target validation, hit ID to development candidate nomination including designing and prosecuting studies to understand MoA and for translational biology.
You are an exceptional scientific thinker and operator with a strong background in drug discovery, and demonstrable evidence of success. You are a self-starter, driven to deliver decision-making data, and comfortable working across multiple therapeutic areas. You are creative, team-orientated and organized, with strong communication skills. As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing company, you will have ample opportunity for development and growth and will be a key contributor to shaping the Company’s future. You will deliver and experience real value. This role offers a unique chance to stretch your talents and grow your potential.
- Conceptualization, design, development, and deployment of cell-based and biochemical assays to generate decision making data in support of our ABC transporter therapy pipeline and platform
- Help build Rectify’s internal core platform capabilities
- Lead programmatic in vitro activities within a matrixed working environment
- Work closely with key stakeholders within multiple program teams to drive experimentation internally or through management of our external CROs
- Collaborate with other members of biology team and may be a scientific authority within discipline.
- Demonstrate independence; may mentor less experienced staff.
- Document, analyze and interpret data for internal decision-making publications, presentations, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in cell biology/biochemistry/biotechnology with 5 years or BS/MS with >10 years of related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in biotech or pharmaceutical environment, working on cross-functional program teams required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in developing fit-for-purpose in vitro assays to illustrate small molecule pharmacology and mechanism of actions required
- Experience of small molecule drug discovery and demonstrable evidence of contributing to drug discovery program success
- Experience working with primary cells and iPSCs highly preferred
- Ability to work on multiple tasks/projects, manage timelines, and communicate effectively across organization required.
- Effective communicator in a matrixed environment
- Excellent presentation skills
Rectify Pharmaceuticals is focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with serious ABC transporter mediated diseases. We have built a breakthrough ABC transporter product platform that is enabling efficient and rapid discovery of first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function for rare and common liver, biliary, eye and CNS diseases. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held Series A company located in Cambridge, MA.
Rectify Pharmaceuticals strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates directly.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com