We are looking for a talented and motivated research associate to join our team and help drive our internal cell biology programs. This is a lab-based position where you will be responsible for generating data to support our drug discovery efforts in the ABC transporter space. Your work will directly influence the direction and success of our research portfolio and platform. You will be deeply involved in a diverse range of technical projects including the development of high throughout cell-based or biochemical assays for phenotypic screening of small molecules, proof of mechanism studies, and in vitro translational model development. Experience in primary cell culture and iPSC differentiation is particularly desirable.
You will be a key member of the Rectify Research Team. As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing company, the successful candidate will have ample opportunity for development and growth and will be a key contributor to shaping the Company’s future. You are experienced and talented in vitro biologist familiar with the development, optimization, and implementation of drug discovery assays. Additionally, you are highly motivated, technically adept, and excited to pick up new techniques.
- Develop and perform cell-based or biochemical assays to assess small molecule function and screen potential targets. Cell-based assay experience preferred
- Develop and maintain mammalian cell culture systems for assay development. Mammalian cell culture experience required. Microscopy experience preferred
- Apply state-of-the-art molecular, biochemical and cell biology techniques. These may include Western blotting, RT-qPCR, CRISPR, siRNA, ICC/IF, luciferase reporter assays etc.
- Data analysis and present results in team meetings
- Draft and review SoPs
- Work closely with other team members to establish a collaborative and efficient working environment
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS or MS in molecular biology/cell biology or related fields
- 2-5 years of industry and/or academic research experience
- Experience with molecular, biochemical and cell biology techniques such as Western blotting, RT-qPCR, ICC/IF, cell-based assays etc.
- Experience with primary cells and IPSCs derived models desired.
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly creative and enthusiastic start-up environment with people who are motivated to succeed together as a team
Rectify Pharmaceuticals is focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with serious ABC transporter mediated diseases. We have built a breakthrough ABC transporter product platform that is enabling efficient and rapid discovery of first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function for rare and common liver, biliary, eye and CNS diseases. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held Series A company located in Cambridge, MA.
Rectify Pharmaceuticals strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates directly.
Please send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org