Rectify Pharmaceuticals is focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with serious ABC transporter mediated diseases. We have built a breakthrough ABC transporter product platform that is enabling efficient and rapid discovery of first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function for rare and common liver, biliary, eye, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held Series A company located in Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for a talented and motivated scientist with significant assay development experience supporting small molecular drug discovery to join our passionate and collaborative team to help drive our internal programs. This role will have high impact and visibility across the Rectify portfolio by providing critical leadership and data generation across multiple drug discovery programs. In this lab-based position you will provide strategic, operational, and technical oversight as a leader in the cell biology and assay development team. As a core contributor to a rich pipeline of programs and across multiple disease areas, including liver, CNS and ophthalmology. teams, your work will directly influence the direction and success of our research portfolio. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of small molecule drug discovery process from target validation, hit ID to development candidate nomination including designing and prosecuting studies to understand MoA and for translational biology. You should be self-motivated, technically adept, and excited to pick up new techniques and new biology and thrive in a fast-paced biotech environment.
The successful candidate is an exceptional scientific thinker and operator with a strong background in drug discovery, and demonstrable evidence of success. You are a self-starter, driven to deliver decision-making data, and comfortable working across multiple therapeutic areas. You are creative, team-orientated and organized, with strong communication skills. As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing company, you will have ample opportunity for development and growth and will be a key contributor to shaping the Company’s future. You will deliver and experience real value. This role offers a unique chance to stretch your talent and grow your potential.
- Conceptualization, design, development, and deployment of cell-based and biochemical assays to generate decision making data in support of our ABC transporter therapy pipeline and platform
- Help build Rectify’s internal core platform capabilities
- Lead programmatic in vitro activities within a matrixed working environment
- Work closely with key stakeholders within multiple program teams to drive experimentation internally or through management of our external CROs
- Partner closely with the Head of Cell Biology to build an effective, efficient and productive lab environment
- Collaborate with other departments, being a scientific authority within discipline.
- Determine methods; make strategic recommendations on projects; demonstrate independence; may manage less experienced staff
- Contribute to the preparation, editing, and review of documents for regulatory submission, e.g., study reports, INDs
- Document, analyze and interpret data for internal decision-making publications, presentations, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in cell biology/biochemistry/biotechnology with 10 years or Master’s with >15 years of related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in biotech or pharmaceutical environment, working on cross-functional program teams required.
- Extensive experience in developing fit-for-purpose in vitro assays to illustrate small molecule pharmacology and mechanism of actions required
- Experience working with primary cells and iPSCs highly preferred
- Ability to work on multiple tasks/projects, manage timelines, and communicate effectively across organization required.
- Effective team leadership experience
- Deep experience of small molecule drug discovery and demonstrable evidence of contributing to drug discovery program success
- Experience in successfully managing scientific collaboration and CRO outsourcing activities.
- High-level presentation skills for scientific communication and reporting at all levels of an organization including Senior Leadership.
Rectify Pharmaceuticals strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org