Rectify Pharmaceuticals is focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with serious ABC transporter mediated diseases. We have built a breakthrough ABC transporter product platform that is enabling efficient and rapid discovery of first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function for rare and common liver, biliary, eye, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held Series A company located in Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for a talented and motivated scientist to join our team as a lab manager and research associate. You will become an integral part of our passionate and collaborative ABC transporter cell biology team. You will be responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness in our internal experimental workstreams through the management of lab operations, while also contributing to the development of assays to support our ABC transporter drug discovery platform and pipeline. You will be involved in a diverse range of activities and projects including interacting with vendors, development and optimization of in vitro assays, proof of mechanism studies, and in vitro translational model development. Experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular and biochemistry techniques is particularly desirable.
As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing company the successful candidate will have ample opportunity for development and growth and will be a key contributor to shaping the Company’s future.
- Performing general laboratory management, including lab equipment set-up and maintenance, common supply and reagent ordering and organizing.
- Maintaining cell biology lab to support the Cell Biology and Assay Development team.
- Establishing and maintaining electronic record of reagents, supplies, chemicals, Rectify compound collections
- Maintaining safety and security protocols and standards ensuring compliance with safety standards and corporate laboratory policies
- Assisting assay development and performing in vitro assays to assess small molecule activities in modulating ABC transporters.
- Working closely with other team members to establish a collaborative and efficient working environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in biology/cell biology or related fields
- 2-5 years of industry and/or academic research experience as a lab technician, research associate or comparable role in biological sciences or related field
- Experience working as a lab manager preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays desired.
- Highly organized and adaptive to change
- Excellent in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly creative and enthusiastic start-up environment with people who are motivated to succeed together as a team
Rectify Pharmaceuticals strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com