We are seeking a proactive and adaptable leader to build the financial operations and strategic analysis infrastructure at Rectify Pharma. In this role, you will build, lead, and operate the Finance function. Contribute to the overall G&A infrastructure build as Rectify grows and scales. Working closely with the COO, you will help Rectify make the best possible decision regarding financial runway, fund allocation, company growth and risk management.
We work at Rectify Pharma with a high sense of urgency and adapt and pivot our work as the science guides us. You, and every member in G&A, will be empowering and supporting our Research and Development team to efficiently and rapidly discover first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function. Each day, you will balance precision with speed, apply strategic financial analysis to inform decision making, and apply a can-do attitude to problem-solving to enable scientific discovery and development.
- Serve as financial and strategic business partner to develop annual budget and reforecast as business needs evolve. Build program level budgets to support portfolio planning.
- Lead budget to actual analyses, long range financial planning, financial scenario analysis to inform cash flow forecasting and corporate strategy decision making.
- Work closely with R&D and Operations stakeholders to ensure rigorous financial management on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Lead monthly and quarterly book close processes and external annual audit.
- Ensure associated financial risks and opportunities, both near and longer-term are identified and reviewed periodically. Propose and drive risk mitigation activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable, expense tracking, and bank reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain internal controls, ensuring compliance.
- Drive process improvement efforts in other operational areas.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CFA) or advanced degree (e.g., MBA).
- At least two years of finance leadership experience within the biopharmaceutical or healthcare industry. Four years of foundational finance experience in a major accounting firm, or in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry is preferred.
- Pragmatic and efficient problem solver and decision maker, knowing when to roll up your sleeves and when to outsource.
- Be a coach and a player by balancing leadership and management with a hands-on approach.
- A strong curiosity for the science and proven ability to partner with the Research and Clinical team.
- Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize work.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and strong work ethic
- Ability and willingness to pivot on activities as new requests and priorities surface.
- Service-oriented and collaborative mindset with a love for enabling teams and individuals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate at multiple levels – operators to leadership to Board level.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic insights.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to integrity in financial practices.
Rectify Pharmaceuticals is focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with serious ABC transporter mediated diseases. We have built a breakthrough ABC transporter product platform that is enabling efficient and rapid discovery of first-in-class small molecule therapies that restore and enhance ABC transporter function for rare and common liver, biliary, eye and CNS diseases. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held Series A company located in Cambridge, MA.
Rectify Pharmaceuticals strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please note: We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates directly.
Please send resume/CV to email@example.com